If you plan to take a motor vehicle for some part of your DriveWA adventure there are a number of questions to ask yourself:
1. Do I need a 4WD vehicle?
2. Should I hire a 4WD to do a specific section of the trip?
3. Should I buy a second hand vehicle and get a guaranteed buy back arrangement?
4. Should I seek professional advice about whether the vehicle I would like to use is capable of performing the task?
There are many other possible questions - we cannot answer them all but we have attempted to provide methods by which you can find the answers that best suit your plans.
- Driving your own family car
- Taking the bus, train or ship into an area and then hiring a 2WD or 4WD vehicle for specific sections
- Hiring a 2WD or 4WD vehicle for the whole trip
- Buying a new or second hand vehicle to use, and sell at the end of your escape
- Flying into an area and then hiring a vehicle in a specific area (like the Kimberley)
- Hiring a small bus with a group
- Buying or hiring an enduro motorcycle or bicycle, or
- Any combination of the above
The options are only limited by your imagination. Obviously every vehicle is different and you must do your own research. It’s important to sure that the vehicle you plan to take is well prepared and capable of performing the specific tasks you require it to perform safely and reliably.